Search This Blog

Monday, May 3, 2010

2010 First Trip to Truckee...

With high expectations, I jumped (not rolled) out of bed Saturday to hit the Truckee Saturday.....I fished high and low in the river, meaning off Glenshire and below Hirschdale.   Nymphed Rubberlegs Golden Stones with a Mighty May Dropper....or San Juan Worm, also tried poxyback golden stones...saw a few fish but no eats.  The lower part of the river was a bit fast but was clearer than I expected and looked good.  


Between fishing the Lower and Upper River, I ran over to the Little for a look. Saw fish, fished small and light with midges and mays....got a few to move but no eats. I was hoping for those large browns who come up from Boca to be around but only saw bows.    We needed some overcast in my opinion to get bugs active....  Going again Thursday.  More to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment