Search This Blog

Thursday, April 7, 2011

It is all about the # of reps......

This time of year, I sometimes find it hard to get out on the water.  Weather, work, kids sports and life gets in the way sometimes.  I always keep an eye on my local waters (Truckee, Little Truckee) so that if a window opens up in weather and my schedule I can sneak out and go fishing.  This year with all the snow it has been a challenge but I told myself,  even if I needed to snowshoe in, i was going soon!

We have a place at Old Greenwood making it very convenient for me to get close and have a place to crash at the end of the day.  I turned 44 recently and my wife scheduled a guide day with Frank Pisciotta of CyberFly.com this past weekend as a gift for my birthday.


I really had a great time fishing & learning from Frank.  He has been on the water in the Truckee area guiding for over 25 years and it SHOWS!  Frank put me into some "new" water for me that I would normally pass right by.  We got into fish right away, hooking 3 & landing a nice 17" wild rainbow. 

Thanks again Frank! 

No comments:

Post a Comment